Wednesday 3 September 2008

Meditation Girl



This image is something I made in my free time recently.

The girl depicted is practising a Falun Gong meditation excercise and I think that in the original photo I worked from, she is at a peaceful protest outdoors somewhere. The reason being that Falun Gong practitioners are persecuted under the Communist government in China. Many spiritual practices in the East, despite being more akin to China's original, ancient culture, dont fit in with the partys ideology and are therefore supressed (often violently). Falun Gong practitioners around the world outside of China have therefore taken it upon themselves to protest against this gross violation of Human Rights, just like the girl in this picture.


I've been very impressed and influenced by this guys work recently, and I think it shows a bit in this piece.

No comments: