Saturday 3 January 2009

Flash Walla

Happy New Year and welcome to 2009, we've been expecting you.

I spent New years eve/day in London this year and had an ace time. My good friend Huw put me up in his flat in exchange for my services as Assistant photographer at the New Years day parade in the City. Our mission was to capture and document the part of the parade representing the meditation practice of Falun Gong, as we are both practitioners ourselves. Some beautiful photos of the marching band, heavenly dancers and the main float were successfully recorded and can be seen here -

www.flickr.com/huwgreenwood/

Below is my best pic taken on my little Olympus point and click camera. The girl is dressed as a Boddhisattva and stood atop the float surrounded by a large lotus flower. Many agreed that this was a very beautiful sight.



Perhaps a less beautiful sight, me in Victoria park, London.

No comments: