Friday 5 June 2009

Voice



Latest Illustration for the Epoch Times UK, poetry column. Published 03/06/09.

'Upon Julia’s Voice' by Robert Herrick

So smooth, so sweet, so silv'ry is thy voice
As, could they hear, the Damned would make no noise,
But listen to thee (walking in thy chamber)
Melting melodious words to lutes of amber.


^^^^(thats it! a shorty)^^^^

The chinese symbol on her pendant means 'poetry'(see what I did there?).
This picture took loads of retouching to make the colour version look pleasing. After I had sent off the initial Black and White image to the Paper for publishing, I noticed lots of little errors and not-quite-right bits. But I guess thats what happens when you have a tight deadline (and have had a long break beforehand).

I learnt a lot from making this Illustration.

Full original article viewable HERE.

No comments: