Wednesday 22 June 2011

Annie



My good friend Mickey over at Illustrator Lam commissioned me to do some professional colouring for him. His two page comic is a biography of Annie Yang, a woman who was tortured in China for practicing Falun Gong meditation until she managed to get asylum in the UK. Read alittle more on the subject over a Mickeys Blog or at Faluninfo.net


click to enlarge


click to enlarge

This was the first time I've ever got to colour someone elses work and proved to be quite challenging. When you make your own piece everything is sort of planned out deep somewhere in your mind. What was toughest seemed to be estimating how long it would take to complete. Until 3:30am on the morning of the deadline turned out to be a fair approximation.

-----------------------

The Body Breaks - Devendra Banhart
I have 4 Devendra Banhart albums now!
I guess you could call me a fan (portrait coming soon).

No comments: