Sunday 8 November 2009

Ride



Finally I can upload this piece to this blog and my portfolio site, as it's been published!

The Ride journal is comprised of articles, photography and illustrations from a wide range of contributors, getting wider each issue. I was very pleased to be able to have a piece in their publication and an invite to the launch party in Stoke Newington. It was a good night.



The article I was given told the true story of a cyclist in New York getting knocked down by a car for the second time within 12 months. His life subsequently entered a dark place. Gradually he managed to pull himself through thanks to his memories of better times riding in the sunshine.
Quite a tragic story to try putting a picture to, I went for the pre-impact moment before it all went bad.



P.S - Dark was the Night = :D

No comments: