Wednesday 22 April 2009

Nobility



This illustration was created yesterday and published today. It's for the usual Epoch Times Art page, but to accompany an essay on 'Nobility' rather than the usual poetry column.
Just one week off the poetry and I feel like I really miss it!...Alas.

If you really want to, you can read the article HERE. I found it to be it quite in depth and had to read it over a good few times.
Just click on the page labelled '10 Art.pdf'.

So, my illustration depicts a scene from Homers' 'Iliad', which is mentioned in the very last paragraph. It was the most pictoral part for me to visualise.
In the scene Priam is asking Helen of Troy to name various soldiers he is pointing out from the army camp before them, pre big fight. You can read the proper text for this scene HERE.

Above I have shown the constellation Leo, with the bottom star 'Regulus' shining brightest. This star is rumoured in THIS BOOK to represent Agamemnon, who is the first character Helen is asked to name.

I'm not too keen on this image overall. I didn't quite have enough time to do it as I would have liked. However, I did do some homework on it beforehand.

1 comment:

myblackfriendsays said...

these are quite good--very realistic. drawing has just always been one of those things that I haven't been very good at.